Followers

Monday 9 August 2021

Iron Maiden Tribute EP

The Trooper

You'll take my life but I'll take yours too you'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack you'd better stand there's no turning back.
The Bugle sounds and the charge begins but on this battlefield no one wins
The smell of acrid smoke and horses breath as I plunge on into certain death.

The horse he sweats with fear we break to run the mighty roar of the Russian guns
And as we race towards the human wall the screams of pain as my comrades fall.
We hurdle bodies that lay on the ground and the Russians fire another round
We get so near yet so far away we won't live to fight another day.

We get so close near enough to fight when a Russian gets me in his sights
He pulls the trigger and I feel the blow a burst of rounds take my horse below.
And as I lay there gazing at the sky my body's numb and my throat is dry
And as I lay forgotten and alone without a tear I draw my parting groan.

The Number Of The Beast

"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the
beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the
beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

I left alone my mind was blank I needed time to think to get the memories from my mind
What did I see can I believe that what I saw that night was real and not just fantasy
Just what I saw in my old dreams were they reflections of my warped mind staring back at me
Because in my dream it's always there the evil face that twists my mind and brings me to despair

The night was black was no use holding back
Because I just had to see was someone watching me
In the mist dark figures move and twist
Was this all for real or some kind of hell
666 the number of the beast hell and fire was spawned to be released

Torches blazed and sacred chants were praised
As they start to cry hands held to the sky
In the night the fires burning bright
The ritual has begun Satan's work is done
666 the number of the beast sacrifice is going on tonight

This can't go on I must inform the law
Can this still be real or just some crazy dream
But I feel drawn towards the evil chanting hordes
They seem to mesmerise me can't avoid their eyes
666 the number of the beast 666 the one for you and me

I'm coming back I will return and I'll possess your body and I'll make you burn
I have the fire I have the force I have the power to make my evil take it's course

The Wicker Man

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
He knocks you to your feet and so what are you gonna do
Your tongue has frozen now you've got something to say
The piper at the gates of dawn is calling you his way
You watch the world exploding every single night
Dancing in the sun a newborn in the light
Say goodbye to gravity and say goodbye to death
Hello to eternity and live for every breath
Your time will come, your time will come
Your time will come, your time will come

The ferryman wants his money you ain't going to give it back
He can push his own boat as you set up off the track
Nothing you can contemplate will ever be the same
Every second is a new spark, sets the universe aflame
You watch the world exploding every single night
Dancing in the sun a newborn in the light
Brothers and their fathers joining hands and make a chain
The shadow of the Wicker Man is rising up again
Your time will come, your time will come
Your time will come, your time will come

Sign Of The Cross

Eleven saintly shrouded men silhouettes stand against the sky
One in front with a cross held high come to wash my sins away

Standing alone in the wind and rain feeling the fear that is growing
Sensing the change in the tide again brought by the storm that is brewing
Feel the anxiety hold off the fear some of the doubts in the things you believe
Now that your faith will be put to the test nothing to do but await what is coming
Why then is God still protecting me even when I don't deserve it
Though I am blessed with an inner strength some they would call it a penance
Why am I meant to face this alone asking the question time and again
Praying to god won't keep me alive inside my head feel the fear start to rise

They'll be saying their prayers when the moment comes
There'll be penance to pay when it's judgement day
And the guilty will bleed when that moment comes
They'll be coming to claim, take your soul away
The sign of the cross the name of the rose 
A fire in the sky the sign of the cross

They'll be coming to bring the eternal flame
They'll be bringing us all immortality
Holding communion so the world be blessed
My creator, my god'll lay my soul to rest
The sign of the cross the name of the rose 
A fire in the sky the sign of the cross

Lost the love of heaven above chose the lust of the earth below
Eleven saintly shrouded men came to wash my sins away

Virus

There's an evil virus that's threatening mankind
Not state of the art, a serious state of the mind
The muggers, the backstabbers, the two faced elite
A menace to society, a social disease
Rape of the mind is a social disorder
The cynics, the apathy one upmanship order

Watching beginnings of social decay
Gloating or sneering at life's disarray
Eating away at your own self esteem
Pouncing on every word that you might be saying
Rape of the mind is a social disorder
The cynics, the apathy one upmanship order

Superficially smiling a shake of the hand
As soon as the back is turned treachery is planned
Rape of the mind is a social disorder
The cynics, the apathy one upmanship order
Watching beginnings of social decay
Gloating or sneering at life's disarray

When every good thing's laid to waste
By all the jealousy and hate by all the acid wit and rapier lies
And every time you think you're safe and when you go to turn away
You know they're sharpening all their paper knives
All in your mind all in your head try to relate it
All in your mind all in your head try to escape it

Without a conscience they destroy
And that's thing that they enjoy
They're a sickness that's in all our minds
They want to sink the ship and leave
The way they laugh at you and me
You know it happens all the time
All in your mind all in your head try to relate it
All in your mind all in your head try to escape it

The rats in the cellar you know who you are or do you?
Watching beginnings of social decay

Montségur

I stand alone in this desolate space in death they are truly alive
Massacred innocence, evil took place the angels were burning inside
Centuries later I wonder why what secret they took to their grave
Still burning heretics under our skies religion's still burning inside
At the gates and the walls of Montségur blood on the stones of the citadel
At the gates and the walls of Montségur blood on the stones of the citadel

As we kill them all so God will know his own the innocents died for the Pope on his throne
Catholic greed and its paranoid zeal curse of the grail and the blood of the cross
Templar believers with blood on their hands joined in the chorus to kill on demand
Burned at the stake for their soul's liberty to stand with the cathars, to die and be free

The book of Old Testament crippled and black Satan his weapon is lust
Leaving this evil damnation of flesh back to the torture of lies
The perfect ones willingly died at the stake and all of their followers slain
As for the knowledge of God they had claimed religion's still burning inside
At the gates and the walls of Montségur blood on the stones of the citadel
At the gates and the walls of Montségur blood on the stones of the citadel

Templar believers with blood on their hands joined in the chorus to kill on command
Burned at the stake for their soul's liberty still running heretics under our skies

As we kill them all so God know his own laugh at the darkness and in god we trust
The eye in the triangle smiling with sin no passover feast for the cursed within
Facing the sun as they went to their grave burn like a dog or you live like a slave
Death is the price for your soul's liberty to stand with the Cathars and to die and be free
At the gates and the walls of Montségur blood on the stones of the citadel
At the gates and the walls of Montségur blood on the stones of the citadel

No comments: