Followers

Monday 17 May 2021

Jimi Hendrix Tribute EP

Manic Depression

Manic depression is touching my soul
I know what I want but I just don't know how to, go about getting it
Feeling sweet feeling, drips from my fingers, my fingers
Manic depression is catching my soul

Woman so hot, the sweet cause in vain 
We make love, we break love it's all the same
Music, sweet music I wish I could caress, caress, caress
Manic depression is a frustrating mess

Well, I think I'll go kill myself and go on down, down, down,
All the way down there really ain't no use in me hanging around I gotta get out
Music, sweet music I wish I could caress
Manic depression is a frustrating mess

Purple Haze

Purple Haze all in my brain lately things just don't seem the same
Acting funny but I don't know why excuse me while I kiss the sky
Purple Haze all around don't know if I'm coming up or down
Am I happy or in misery whatever it is, that girl put a spell on me
Help me help me

Purple Haze all in my eyes don't know if it's day or night
You've got me blowing, blowing my mind is it tomorrow or just the end of time?
Help me purple haze help me tell me
Purple Haze I can't go on like this
Purple Haze you're making me blow my mind, mama
Purple Haze it's painful Purple Haze

The Wind Cries Mary

After all the jacks are in their boxes and the clowns have all gone to bed
You can hear happiness staggering on down the street footprints dressed in red
And the wind whispers Mary
A broom is drearily sweeping up the broken pieces of yesterday's life
Somewhere a queen is weeping somewhere a king has no wife
And the wind it cries Mary

The traffic lights they turn blue tomorrow and shine their emptiness down on my bed
The tiny island sags downstream because the life that lived is dead
And the wind screams Mary
Will the wind ever remember the names it has blown in the past?
And with this crutch, its old age and its wisdom it whispers no this will be the last
And the wind cries Mary

Red House

There's a Red House over yonder that's where my woman stays
There's a Red House over yonder that's where my woman stays
Well, I ain't been home to see my baby in ninety nine and one half days.

About time I see her wait a minute something's wrong here the key won't unlock the door.
Wait a minute something's wrong have mercy, this key won't unlock this door,
Something's going on here I have a bad bad feeling that my woman don't live here no more.

That's all right, I still got my guitar look out now
I might as well go on back down go back across yonder over the hill
I might as well go back over yonder way back over yonder across the hill,
Because if my woman don't love me no more I know her sister will

Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

Well, I stand up next to a mountain and I chop it down with the edge of my hand
Well, I stand up next to a mountain and I chop it down with the edge of my hand
Well, I pick up all the pieces and make an island might even raise a little sand
Because I'm a voodoo child Lord knows I'm a voodoo child
Because I'm a voodoo child Lord knows I'm a voodoo child

I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time I'll give it right back to you one of these days
I said I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time I'll give it right back one of these days
If I don't meet you no more in this world, then I'll meet you in the next one and don't be late
Because I'm a voodoo child Lord knows I'm a voodoo child
Because I'm a voodoo child Lord knows I'm a voodoo child

Well, I stand up next to a mountain and I chop it down with the edge of my hand
Well, I stand up next to a mountain and I chop it down with the edge of my hand
Well, I pick up all the pieces and make an island might even raise a little sand
Because I'm a voodoo child Lord knows I'm a voodoo child
Because I'm a voodoo child Lord knows I'm a voodoo child

Castles Made Of Sand

Down the street, you can hear her scream, you're a disgrace as she slams the door in his drunken face
And now he stands outside and all the neighbors start to gossip and drool
He cries you must be mad what happened to the sweet love you and me had?
Against the door he leans and starts a scene and his tears fall and burn on the garden green
And so castles made of sand fall in the sea eventually
And so castles made of sand fall in the sea eventually

A little Indian brave who before he was ten played war games in the woods with his Indian friends
And he built a dream that when he grew up he would be a fierce warrior Indian chief
Many moons passed before the dream grew strong until tomorrow he would sing his first war song
And fight his first battle, but something went wrong surprise attack killed him in his sleep that night
And so castles made of sand melts into the sea eventually
And so castles made of sand melts into the sea eventually

There was a young girl whose heart was a frown
Because she was crippled for life, and she couldn't speak a sound
And she wished and prayed she could stop living so she decided to die
She drove her wheelchair to the edge of the shore
And to her legs she smiled you won't hurt me no more
But then a sight she'd never seen made her jump and say
Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way and it really didn't ever stop it just kept on going
And so castles made of sand slips into the sea eventually
And so castles made of sand slips into the sea eventually

No comments: