Followers

Monday 9 November 2020

Poison Idea Tribute EP

 Alan's On Fire

All my life I have been used by you time has come our game of love is through
Since I was born I've lived in the cold I've lived in the dark
Now I want heat now I want light igniting spark
I'm not a martyr but I am truth and you are a liar
But now my life of constant sadness goes up in the fire
I will be heard and I will be heard

Step on me I'm here for you to see I hope you choke as I go up in flames
I told you my problems but you never heard a word
This is the moment for once in my life I will be heard
I know there must be a better way but I don't know how
You've lied to me and you've ignored me but you won't now
I will be heard and I will be heard

All my life I have been used by you time has come our game of love is through
A burning passion from a burning mass reaches up for the sky
I've called you here my devoted family turn to watch me die
I'm not a martyr but I am truth and you are a liar
So now my life of constant sadness goes up in the fire
I will be heard and I will be heard

The Badge

Young and dumb, truth and justice, fantasy fresh out of the academy
Five-time loser bust his head, make your day unless you're paid off then you look away
Do you think this corruption will ever stop what makes a person want to be a cop
Ran a red light, storm the house and bust the guy do you like to see his children cry
Pick up a hooker and take her for a little ride but get sucked off on the side
Sworn to serve and protect, forget the killing badge-wearing fascist villain
Pissed in the street, you bust the guy do you like to see his children cry

The badge means you suck a child lies there dead
As you look back, what goes through your head
Talk to them, you can work it out you better not even try it
You make a play for his gun they'll kill you say it was a riot RIOT
What's behind the badge?

Young and dumb, truth and justice, fantasy fresh out of the academy
Five-time loser bust his head, make your day unless you're paid off then you look away
Do you think this corruption will ever stop what makes a person want to be a cop
Ran a red light, storm the house and bust the guy do you like to see his children cry

Feel The Darkness

You walk the streets cuz of your bad habits
Wash the past with another hot rinse
Meet a man who'll make your dreams come true
Your worst nightmare has just begun for you

From the fire into the water cold nighttime makes my blood get hotter
Steel shines handcuffs in the moonlight feel the darkness, now you're one of us
At midnight my blackheart's fading blue
A sad description, five feet minus two
I can't think about running back to you
You started with nothing,but you ended up with less
Feel the darkness

The whip cracks, it stops,but where not through
Tonight steel shines just for you
From the fire into the water
Cold night time makes my blood get hotter

I heard your story and I saw your headline
The details put a chill down my spine
You try to call me, from a long distance phone
I'm out on the dancefloor standing I'm standing all alone

Cop An Attitude

I have been waiting for this moment for all my life
Strength to taking stride in strife standard scruple is out the door
Always be better always want more bow down onto reasons untold
A shell of being, no conscience or soul you say you're speaking your mind

Good, because I'm next in the line high and mighty, spineless man so above the rest of them
Eye to eye its all the same but something happened and you changed
Now I'm the righteous one but you're way up there and I'm still down here
You're so great, you are all your arrogance is starting to show heading for a new low

(I Hate) Reggae

Hanging around changing the world, soon there'll be peace and it will be cool,
Then we can start all over again, then we can love the man who deals death,
I feel pissed, I feel ripped, I can't slow down,
I Hate Reggae black and white unite and fight the right, but not through reggae,
Jah this Jah that, what the fuck cannot stand reggae and I won't dance at a disco

Even if they play reggae, I feel bad, my P.M.A's good
So good I want to burn down my neighborhood,
Dreadlocks and herb, nothing for us,
Religious backwash, another broken trust.
I Hate Reggae black and white unite and fight the right, but not through reggae,
Jah this Jah that, what the fuck cannot stand reggae and I won't dance at a disco

Taken By Surprise

Of all the torment I've been through I never knew hell until I met you
Your imperious aura, your needs understood you wouldn't tell me the truth if you could
But in the back room, a garden of delight
Cut through the bar just like a fist fight

For a moment I thought I saw something in your eyes that's when I was taken by surprise
Soul of washrag, show no sadness face of poker, show no fears
Overwhelming, you show no mercy mediocre, show no tears

Now this party's crazy, I gotta go but before I leave, I gotta know
That night in the room full of violent screams when you whispered me your secret dreams
As we both laid there on the floor
You said it takes two to start a war

Of all the torment I've been through I never knew hell until I met you
Your imperious aura, your needs understood you wouldn't tell me the truth if you could
But in the back room, a garden of delight
Cut through the bar just like a fist fight

No comments: