Followers

Saturday 7 November 2020

Huey Lewis & The News Tribute EP

The Heart Of Rock & Roll

New York, New York, is everything they say and no place that I'd rather be
Where else can you do a half a million things all at a quarter to three
When they play their music that modern music they like it with a lot of style
But it's still that same old backbeat rhythm that really really drives them wild

They say the heart of rock and roll is still beating
And from what I have seen I believe them
Now the old boy may be barely breathing
But the heart of rock and roll, heart of rock and roll is still beating
In Cleveland Detroit heart of rock and roll

LA, Hollywood, and the Sunset Strip is something everyone should see
Neon lights and the pretty pretty girls all dressed so scantily
When they play their music, that hard rock music they like it with a lot of flash
But it's still that same old backbeat rhythm that really kicks them in the ass

DC, San Antone and the Liberty Town, Boston and Baton Rouge
Tulsa, Austin, Oklahoma City, Seattle, San Francisco, too
Everywhere there's music, real live music, bands with a million styles
But It's still that some old rock and roll music that really really drives them wild

I Want A New Drug

I want a new drug one that won't make me sick
One that won't make me crash my car or make me feel three feet thick
I want a new drug one that won't hurt my head
One that won't make my mouth too dry or make my eyes too red
One that won't make me nervous wondering what to do
One that makes me feel like I feel when I'm with you when I'm alone with you

I want a new drug one that won't spill
One that don't cost too much or come in a pill
I want a new drug one that won't go away
One that won't keep me up all night one that won't make me sleep all day
One that won't make me nervous wondering what to do
One that makes me feel like I feel when I'm with you when I'm alone with you

I want a new drug one that does what it should
One that won't make me feel too bad one that won't make me feel too good
I want a new drug one with no doubt
One that won't make me talk too much or make my face break out
One that won't make me nervous wondering what to do
One that makes me feel like I feel when I'm with you when I'm alone with you

Back In Time

Tell me, doctor where are we going this time?
Is this the fifties or nineteen ninety-nine?
All I wanted to do was play my guitar and sing
Take me away I don't mind
You better promise me I'll be back in time
Gotta get back in time

Don't bet your future on one roll of the dice
Better remember lightning never strikes twice
Please don't drive at eighty-eight don't wanna be late again
Take me away I don't mind
You better promise me I'll be back in time
Gotta get back in time get me back in time

The Power Of Love

The power of love is a curious thing make a one man weep, make another man sing
Change a hawk to a little white dove more than a feeling that's the power of love
Tougher than diamonds, rich like cream stronger and harder than a bad girl's dream
Make a bad one good make a wrong one right power of love that keeps you home at night
You don't need money, don't take fame don't need no credit card to ride this train
It's strong and it's sudden and it's cruel sometimes but it might just save your life
That's the power of love that's the power of love

First time you feel it, it might make you sad next time you feel it it might make you mad
But you'll be glad baby when you've found that's the power makes the world go around
And it don't take money, don't take fame don't need no credit card to ride this train
It's strong and it's sudden it can be cruel sometimes but it might just save your life

They say that all in love is fair but you don't care
But you'll know what to do when it gets hold of you
And with a little help from above you feel the power of love
You feel the power of love can you feel it?
It don't take money and it don't take fame don't need no credit card to ride this train
Tougher than diamonds and stronger than steel you won't feel nothing till you feel
You feel the power, just feel the power of love that's the power, that's the power of love
You feel the power of love you feel the power of love feel the power of love

Pineapple Express

Brother, grab your chillum and get all your gear, we got problems
We gotta get out of here but I got you and you got me and we're as high as we can be
So it's allright it's not your fault and it's not mine
I was just in the wrong place and time, now there's trouble
And how did we, get into this mess Pineapple Express, Pineapple Express
Totally gone because we're on Pineapple Express

Gotta keep your head down and be as cool as you can I got us a new evacuation plan
Just stay low, follow me they can't see what we can see because we're on it it's the chronic
Don't get excited, just get your head right and we'll stick together if it takes all night
And it's all right and how did we get into this mess Pineapple Express
Not used to this stress righteously fine to dine, Pineapple Express
We're on the express, the best in the west the hell with the rest, it's the best, Pineapple Express

And how will we get out of this mess Pineapple Express
Can't deal with this stress totally gone because we're on Pineapple Express
Get on the express, Pineapple Express it's the best in the west, Pineapple Express
So fine, it's the kind Pineapple Express

Hip To Be Square

I used to be a renegade, I used to fool around
But I couldn't take the punishment and had to settle down
Now I'm playing it real straight, and I cut my hair
You might think I'm crazy, but I don't even care because I can tell what's going on
It's hip to be square it's hip to be square

I like my bands in business suits, I watch them on TV
I'm working out most every day and watching what I eat
They tell me that it's good for me, but I don't even care
I know that it's crazy I know that it's nowhere but there is no denying that
It's hip to be square it's hip to be square it's hip to be square so hip to be square

It's not too hard to figure out, you see it every day
And those that were the farthest out have gone the other way
You see them on the freeway, it don't look like a lot of fun
But don't you try to fight it, an idea whose time has come
Don't tell me that I'm crazy don't tell me I'm nowhere take it from me
It's hip to be square it's hip to be square it's hip to be square so hip to be square

Here, there, and everywhere hip, hip, so hip to be a square
Here, there, and everywhere here, there, and everywhere
Hip, hip, so hip to be a square here, there, and everywhere
Here, there, and everywhere hip, hip, so hip to be a square
Here, there, and everywhere here, there, and everywhere
Hip, hip, so hip to be a square here, there, and everywhere

No comments: