Followers

Friday 14 August 2020

Overkill Tribute EP

Thanks For Nothing

Sick and tired of the same old shit fighting battles that I just can't win.
How can you tell me what it is you want when you don't even know yourself?
Live your life one death at a time see the road, can't read the signs.
All the wrongs just can't be right hear my bark for you feel my bite!

If you could only see what you wanted us to see.
If you could only be what you wanted us to be.
I ain't falling for the tricks the schemes, the same old lies.
When it's over cry for sympathy don't ask why.
Thanks for nothing I said nothing
Thanks for nothing it better be nothing
Next time better think before you speak.

I dunno if I can take no more I'm bagging it I'm out the door.
How can you say you know what I mean as you're pissing all over my life?
Time is precious, time is mine waiting here would just be fine.
Bless my soul, time has come tide has turned see Dick run

You never think! before you speak sometimes think before you speak.
I've been watching you barely stand to look you in the face
All tolerance not popularity there is someone here to take you place
Why don't you think! before you speak you never think before you speak

I Hear Black

Bad or a wet dream, feeling so in between gun in my pocket an' a target on my head
Right on the wrong road; he talks to me through dogs not sure who it is but I know it ain't God
Feel like they're watching me, know that they're watching me
Come on and let's go got two tickets to the moon
Now what are you supposed to do when they got their hooks in you
Do you believe me? I was there and did ya hear it!?

Not my fault, wasn't even there; rest of the world, all gone insane
Can ya hear the dogs barking can ya hear the dogs speak?
Seen it on the TV, something gonna break
Now how am I supposed to breathe when there is no air?
And how am I supposed to be when those hooks are pulling me down?
If you release me, won't be there if you leave me I won't care!
I hear black, it has no mercy I hear black, it has no mercy repeating in my head

From the inside out talk to me, in tongues
The worst of this I understand, that the flies are breeding
The wounds are bleeding; there'll be no healing in my house
From the inside out... you know I'm not the same!
If you release me, won't be there if you leave me I won't care!
I hear black, it has no mercy I hear black, it has no mercy repeating in my head

Spiritual Void

Bless me with that special pain that makes a man feel right as rain
My soul-a-fire, feeling so alive in your own way
If you need a reason to get some healing
If your spirit's bleeding then get some healing I need a new religion
Laughing like a true believer, laughing hard the true deceiver
Without a worry in this world no friend of time
If you need a reason to get some healing
If your spirit's bleeding then get some healing!
Do we get higher higher are we all higher in a spiritual void?

One for neglecting me and two on the way to three
I never felt so low, I never felt so low as in this void!
Bless us all with what we need self indulgent constant greed
What's mine is mine, is mine; you get your own, leave me alone
If you need a reason to get some healing
If your spirit's bleeding then get some healing
Do we get higher higher are we all higher in a spiritual void?

Ignorance & Innocence

I ain't looking for a reason I ain't searching for my soul
I'm finding all the answers it's the questions I don't know
Seen it from the outside outside looking in
What's it like to be inside will I ever stop paying for my sins?
Will I see the light of day when will all these dues be paid?
Send on down a sign to me or am I too blind too see?
Ignorance and innocence go hand in hand
Ignorance and innocence am I guilty man? Yes, I am

Taking rides on a one way street to nowhere I'm looking for a sign I understand
Passing time to save my mind following that road that winds in and out of my own towns of hell
Standing up or laying down my head goes spinning round and round again
My head goes spinning round and round again my head is spinning, head is spinning.!.
Ignorance and innocence go hand in hand
Ignorance and innocence! Am I guilty man.?.

God Like

I'm your crucifix, your burning light.
I'm the perfect mix, of wrong and right.
I'm your full blown blue eyed devil it's my nature to deceive.
You're the classic lost example with a need to believe, need to believe.

You want to walk in God-like immune to dying
Now you're closer to  walk in God-like immune to dying
What was I thinking as I bent my knee and hailed!?
Walk in God-like immortal crying
What were you thinking as you took the hammer in your hand and nailed?

I'm your black book, that ya live by.
I'm the fisherman's hook, that ya kill by.
I provide your inner peace faith in complication.
I provide the means the tools for blessed devastation.

I'm your crucifix, I'm your black book I'm your crucifix, your holy black book.
I'm your crucifix, I'm your black book I'm your crucifix, read your black book!
Like lambs to the slaughter, they come like men in need of water, they come!
I'm your full blown blue eyed devil it's my nature to deceive
You're the classic lost example with a need to believe need to believe

Fast Junkie

Lean in take it right.down one no kissing concrete.
I'm awake I'm awake I'm awake too alive it's coming let it go
My strip my bank my rubber rut steel my tank I can kill too alive let it go
No time for thinking, a full out fast junkie
Pushing the red full out speed monkey

Head shake with thoughts fixed upon the fix inside the vein
With thoughts fixed, not so easily explained
Let it out let it go what you do not what you know
One more fix clean I'm one, I am a machine I am a machine
No time for thinking, a full out fast junkie
Pushing the red full out speed monkey
I am head shake Wide Fucking Open

Necroshine

You can take me out of my hell, you can't take the hell on out of me
Watch me here as I get, but be careful what you see
I cut across the waste, some live and some enshrined I look into the light of the necroshine
Don't you worry 'bout me, you know I'm doing fine basking in the light of the necroshine

In the name of all that's sacred, in the name of misery
Watch me here as I turn red and remember what you see
I hunger for a taste to fill my glass with wine away from the right, into the necroshine
Don't you ever doubt me as you walk the line guided by the light of the necroshine

I think that I have been reborn just a little better than before
I think I tried to tell myself that I needed just a little more
They always tried to sell me, hang me what I couldn't use
Always tried to get a little better with an offer that I can't refuse
You can take me full of fire, you can take me as you find
Or you can leave me here where you gonna see me guided by the necroshine
Don't you worry 'bout me, you know I'm doing fine basking in the light of the necroshine
Don't you ever doubt me as you walk the line guided by the light of the necroshine

No comments: