Followers

Saturday 13 June 2020

Long & Narrow Road

I am on a long and narrow road I walk all day I walk all night
I cannot tell what is my plight I walk all day I walk all night
Soon as I came into the world that moment I began my fight,
Through an inn with two doors I walk all day I walk all night.

I walk in sleep I find no cause to linger whether dark or light,
I see the travellers on the road I walk all day I walk all night.
Forty-nine years upon these roads on desert plain on mountain height,
In foreign lands I make my way I walk all day I walk all night.

Sometimes it seems an endless road the goal is very far from sight,
One minute and the journey is over I walk all day I walk all night.
Veysel does wonder at this state lament or laughter which is right?
Still to attain that distant goal I walk all day I walk all night

No comments: