Followers

Thursday 11 May 2023

Man Eating Tree Tribute EP

 Amended

Will work and try to heal myself
Will repair and weld together the pieces
Will quench and drown and fires I have lit
Will free the birds I have caged in

Will travel in the cold to find a house of light
Will call for the night to have it's ghost stand down
Will breath life into the promise I have broken
Will walk days in the sun to arrive where I can say

I am here, at the house of light, come see me
The night and I, In a parley now, believe me
And all my words have weight again, hear me
And all our wounds have healed me

Down To The Color Of The Eye

So much slower than our march they flew
Our guardian angels who would now hear the true words
We would march across the plains and burn down all green and live so bulletproof it was
So courageously we invented the night drank the bottles dry
Engineered the sand and with godspeed
Sent it moving across the fields and closed down the blue sky so bulletproof it was

The roads travelled and the ones ahead
And nothing compared to the miles grown inside us
And every detail of life's machinery out on display
Down to the lovely shadows that fall
And every detail of life's machinery
Out on display down to the colour of the eye
Upon this Sodom we have built

The Heretic Pulse

Here stands another example of a failure in progress
And though the blood of my hands has been washed away I am not clean
In the temple of the mourning star
The pulse will guide us through the thickest vines
Underneath it all thy will be done the weak heretic pulse incarnated

The wait is soon over the calloused lump buried, will be exhumed
The pulse I once thought was gone now beats in perfect disharmony
Death cast shadows until I pledge allegiance to the dark

Death Parade

I feel exhausted and somehow it's all because of woe
I am in love with this repentance it will pass soon I hope
The plans we made are completed we used to have light on us
So when you come here with the everlasting death parade
The day we're not far away from the shade the death parade

I'm not prepared so twist the knife
We're running on vitriol below the surface
I hold my breath or is it your hands on throat
So when you come here with the everlasting death parade
The day we're not far away from the shade the death parade

Dead On Earth

We are futile with our compassion when the dead sing requiem
Lips crack with every grin white smiles pretend
We are dead on earth the hunger will always remain
And this is not a new beginning

Weeping for the very last time when the dead walk the earth
No words left unspoken no prayers now
Well I'm not running away we are dead on earth
We used to love one another how will you decide

If this is evolution and we're all gonna die like this
Then deliverance equals annihilation and this never was my world
We are dead on earth

Tide Shift

What are those fangs in your flesh?
Why are those teeth of fear gnawing in?
What are those words that you wouldn't hurt a fly?
Like the promise of a lower tax and a higher pay.

Could even an unbroken wall ever keep at bay
This tide on the rise the river behind a breaking wall the dam that is you.
Where's all the courage of tomorrow?
The courage to take a stand and not to break.
I can whisper it to you it was spent ahead of time by the scare of today.
And floodgates will soon open.

No comments: