Followers

Wednesday 17 January 2024

Heaven & Hell Tribute EP

 Bible Black

At last alone his fire's dying burned another day
Now to pretend and make up an ending somewhere far away
He reached for a book all bound in leather something that he knows he's never read
And the first page says beware you've found the answer the next one says I wish that you were dead
Don't go on put it back you're reading from the Bible Black

What's this world I see who are you and who are me maybe I just stumbled in the dark
I must have been out cold but the way the story's told they found me lying naked in the rain
Let me go I've seen religion but the light has left me blind
Take me back I must have the Bible Black
Well here I go again from the start and to the end I wish I could remember what I've done
Now here's another spell it can take me straight to Hell and I feel I'm getting closer to my home
Let me go I've found addiction and it makes me feel alive
Take me back I must have the Bible Black

He locks himself away and tastes the silence hungry for another bite of wrong
And just the words O Lord please take me with you took him to a place we don't belong
Let him go he can't come back he's reading from the Bible Black
So if your fire's dying and what's the use of trying I may know another place that you can go
It's hiding in the pages but you may not come back you're reading from the Bible Black

Double The Pain

A stab in the back is worth waiting for tonight he's seen enough joy for today
A sudden attack would just start the evening right and maybe a penance to pay
Thunder and lightning electric machines
These are the devils that shout in his dreams
Double the pain he's strong he will survive
Double the pain it will make him come alive
Double the pain

Games of the heart not fair and you can't win but torture and anger can play
You've never said no to just another spin and losing is one step away
Friendly confusion like nothing you've seen
These are the demons that shout in his dreams
Double the pain he's strong he will survive
Double the pain it will make him come alive
Double the pain

A slap in the face to bring him back around it's a touch like cool morning rain
He's fallen from grace and slammed to the ground and begs for some more of the same
Thunder and lightning eccentric machines
These are the devils that shout in his dreams
Double the pain he's strong he will survive
Double the pain it will make him come alive
Double the pain
Double the pain I'm sure I saw him smile
Double the pain let's kick him for awhile
Double the pain

Eating The Cannibals

I'm sure you've never had this meal before
We're still open stay and have some more
It's been raised upon your body and your soul
Total control plenty of seating
You know that you're eating the cannibals

Taking till you've got no more to give
Building boxes where you used to live
The word out on the street is no delay
Do it today come to the meeting
It's true that we're eating the cannibals

Don't close your eyes we'll come while you're sleeping you reached for the skies
Now we are calling it's all falling down come on in we love our clientele
You're here to taste revenge and so you shall
It's been raised upon your body and your bones but now you're not alone
Enough with the greeting because soon you'll be eating the cannibals

Neverwhere

She made the night but the dark's all right and his heart became the hunter a deadly bride
It's suicide so take it slow waiting alone for the witching hour
Feeling the shock and the surge of power
She's come to know she makes her way to the door forbidden
Tomorrow she'll say that she did not really go there
To neverwhere never where

And then the child strange free and wild the picture of the mother
The same cold eyes the same old lies the same as one another
Together they wait for the witching hour feeling the heat and the push of power
They need to know left behind he's the uninvited maybe the door will open if he waits there
At neverwhere neverwhere

The hand that rocks the cradle in the morning
Could be lurking round the corner with a gun
Before you take the time to say I'm sorry
Remember where she's been and all the misery she's done
And then the prize time to decide but one last voice be careful
It's just too strong and he must belong so down we go
Waiting for the witching hour needing the shock and the surge of power
He wants to know they make their way down to the door forbidden
She waves him in at last and he's gone there to neverwhere neverwhere

Atom & Evil

Blue skies once upon a dream all highs never in-between
Then into the Garden came the spider I'm here for you said the spider to the fly
And when I'm through you can open up your eyes to see your world's on fire
And the liar won't let go atom and evil

One more promise we can tame the sun and then we'll shine forever
Someday you can cry for everyone who burned when you were clever
Expand your mind we've got a place for you just make believe
That one and one are always two when into the parlour comes the slider
Say no atom and evil

Falling's easy rising will never be so we must rise together
Here are the changes power for harmony
But then there's no forever atom and evil
Maybe if we cry together maybe if we cry as one
The tears that fall can kill the fire and keep everyone from atom and evil

The Turn Of The Screw

Another face at the window to take me away from you to a place that I just won't go
It's always hard to remember was it pleasure or pain well I just don't want to know
And there's service with a smile don't need to see your money
But one more thing to do and we're just about to do it to you the turn of the screw

He was born to be angry a fire that just burned cold and you knew you should keep away
Then on a night in the city it happened he lost control so it's on to his last today
They'll dress him up in style to walk the final mile to somewhere
And one last thing to do maybe it could happen to you the turn of the screw

If they lead we will follow and they're leading to you
We measure in time and then we end the mountains we climb are just pretend
You'll be rich you'll be golden just sign on the dotted line no need to read the rules
And we might let you know if there's a way to beg or borrow
But one more thing to do and how we love to put it to you the turn of the screw
Here comes another you're empty and we're finished with you
On to the next one and the turn of the screw

No comments: