Followers

Wednesday 15 June 2022

Hank Williams III Tribute EP

 Satan Is Real/Straight To Hell

Satan is real working in spirit you can see him and hear him every day.
Satan is real working with power, He can tempt you and lead you astray.

Well my worn-out boots are taking me downtown
And I'm looking for trouble and I wanna get loud.
Serve me up a drink and I'll shoot it right down
And I'll jump up on the bar and holler one more round
I'm going straight to hell ain't nothing slowing me down
I'm going straight to hell so you just better get me one more round

Well back in the day with my uncle Jed,
He kept a lot of moonshine out in the shed.
He taught me how to drink how to be real proud
Of my hillbilly ways and my outlaw style.
I'm going straight to hell ain't nothing stopping me now
I'm heading straight to hell so you just better get me one more round

Well I'm racing these back roads trying to save my life,
Because the sheriff wants to kill me because I fucked his wife.
Always on the run with a gun in my hand
Because I like a good time and a one-night stand.
I'm going straight to hell ain't nothing slowing me down
I'm going straight to hell so you just better get me one more round

If The Shoe Fits

Sitting up all night trying to have a good time singing my songs and trying to get paid
I've been roughed up beat up I've been cut I got a tattoo at a tender age
Never could respect a sheriff trying to break my neck with a few friends and a can of mace
Born on the south side with a lot of rebel pride raised a lot of hell in my younger days

I can't help what I say I could be right, I could be wrong it just might hurt but it makes me strong
If the shoe fits, wear it and if the truth hurts, bear it
Well, that's the kind of life I'm living and I plan on living long
It's a hard road to choose being good and paying dues
But that's the kind of life I'm living and I plan on living long

Running hard, running free, never gonna catch me driving too fast on a black top road
Loaded up, hammered back I'll smack you with my tire jack
You better walk away before I carry you home
Passing my pig sty sleeping where the dogs lie anywhere I go is where I call my home
Been stoned, been straight, been to hell and heavens gate 
I got thrown out when they said I didn't belong

Louisiana Stripes

I got the Louisiana Stripes, and they are always chaining me down
I'm in debt for 99 years for shooting my wife to the ground
Well she had to love my friend, and that's not right with me
So I grabbed my gun, shot both in the head and then I threw their ass in the creek
Now I'm doing my time, in this Louisiana Pen
Thinking about maybe being free on the day that I'm a dead man

Well it took some time getting' used to,being locked in this prison cell
But I always hum those tunes of George Jones to help me through my days of hell
I've done me 25 years and that's alright with me
Because I got me a lot of damn good friends in this Louisiana penitentiary
Now I'm doing my time, in this Louisiana Pen
Thinking about maybe being free on the day I will be 
Walking to feel that fire of the Louisiana Penitentiary

Tennessee Driver

Well I was driving by myself through Tennessee
And I broke down on the side of the road, look at me
Well I got a mohawk, and that's really sad
That I don't think that they'll think I'm a good man
So I went to a bar, so I could use the phone
The guy just looked at me and said, "Hell no!"
Fuck you, motherfucker!

Torn Between Suicide & Breakfast

Holy dogs in the temple of broken glass
Mississippi death threat, Mississippi dead flesh
Dressed out like a deer in a wedding dress on my house, wrecking line
I love it when you beg enslavement brings a headache of majority
And headaches of minority walking and working, pushing long

Using a manual can opener the whole of nothing, a whole for something, a complete
Nothing it looks like I want to quit I'm going back to that room, give me a call sometime
Well sister, it's drug lord, slum lord, and strung out and dug up 
Turn on, tuned out and burn out and break out
The throat god of no more alcohol to vomit
I lose myself on Sundays, Vietnam, and Kansas
Trench war, silent premonitions preaching to the end of time
The north position, ideology written in chalk, out loud on the back of a stop sign

And Texas bus station, torn between suicide and breakfast
And Texas bus station, torn between suicide and breakfast
Beneath the driving to us, solitude and poverty
Never never and never never

The Grand Ole Opry (Ain't So Grand)

Well the grand ole opry ain't so grand anymore
Did you know Hank Williams ain't a member but they keep em outside their door
Hell they didn't even really want Johnny Cash back in 74'
Said the grand ole opry ain't so grand anymore
You know it makes me wonder folks has the opry sinned?

Well they were nervous about Waylon because he had a crooked smile
For many many years they never wanted Bocephus because he is too god damn loud
Did you really think they ever wanted Johnny Paycheck hanging around
Hell naw cause they are too up tight wild for real rebels like to get down

To most people listening to this it might seem like im talking shit
But if you look behind the scenes of whos pulling string well god dammit it'll make ya sick
Hank Williams still aint reinstated and i'll tell ya thats fuckin bullshit
And if King Jimmy Martin if he was still here he'd tell em all to fuckin suck his dick

Me & My Friends

I'm all messed up and drivin around town
Well my old trick, well she done had to kick my ass out
Now I'm raisin hell and looking for a fight
Living fast and dying young is the new style of life

Me and my friends we like living on the run
Just because we're wild I guess they don't like where we come from
Hell we all like to get drunk and fall down all over town
And you know each damn day that we're livin we're damn right and rebel proud

Well the wind keeps getting colder but I never let that hold me back
I done the best that I could do to keep my life on track
Now I'm countin out quarters and trying to buy some beer
And it's so god damn lonely since you're not here

No comments: