Followers

Wednesday 6 April 2022

Tenpole Tudor Tribute EP

 Swords Of A Thousand Men

Deep in the castle and back from the wars
Back with my lady and the fires burned tall
Hooray went the men down below all outside was the rain and snow
Hear their shout, hear their roar they've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

We had to meet the enemy a mile away
Thunder in the air and the sky turned grey
Assembling the knights and their swords were sharp
There was not a hope in your English hearts
When you hear our drums, hear them sound
We're gonna fight until we have won this town
 Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

When the knights come along at the end of the day
Some were half-alive and some had run away
But hear our triumph, hear our shout
We'll probably drink a barrel of ale and much, much more
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

Wünderbar

There is unemployment, misery, despair
I really wanna lose that job, I'm going to the fair
I'm gonna roll in the meadow
If you shut your mouth a minute, you can read a book
That reminds me, I'm in spite myself, I'm not a cook
I'm been running seventeen errands all I wanna is to see the mirage
There is a woman in Germany and I think she said it all
Wunderbar, wunderbar, wunderbar, wunderbar

In life there's many answers, more than I can see
God, it has no meanings to what in I believe
I don't wanna see to the mirage I wanna is to see the mirage?
There is a woman in Germany and I think she said it all
Wunderbar, wunderbar, wunderbar, wunderbar

3 Bells In A Row

You're only twenty nine gotta lot to learn
But when your mummy dies she will not return
We like noise it's our choice it's what want to do
We don't care about long hair I don't wear flares
See my face not a trace no reality I don't work
I just speed that's all I need

I'm a lazy sod I'm a lazy sod
I'm a lazy sod I'm so lazy
I'm a lazy sod I'm a lazy sid
I'm a lazy sod I'm so lazy
I can't even be bothered

Let The Four Winds Blow

I like the way you walk I like the way you talk
Let me hold your hand try to understand
I want a girl like you to tell my troubles to
Don't you be afraid  you heard what I said
Let the four winds blow let 'em blow let 'em blow
From the east to the west  I'll love you the best

Throwing My Baby Out With The Bathwater

I'm on the run, I've lost my gun I can't seem to get away
The crew's standing by ready on a good ship in the bay
And wouldn't you laugh, there's not much time
There's more on my plate my girl has just gone

One more day, two more day three more day to go
Three more day, two more day one more day to go
One more day 'till I get her inside my brain
I've thrown my baby out with the bathwater
What did I do?
Throwing my baby out with the bathwater
Throwing my baby out with the bathwater

I got to the ship in the nick of time we sailed out the bay
The enemy shooting from the shore but they're too far away
Storm blew up and the mast fell down
There's more on my plate my girl has just gone

One more day to go, one more day to go
One more day to go, one more day to go
Till I have my baby back in the bath again
Throwing my baby out with the bathwater
Throwing my baby like I should not do

I lost her in the mayhem which is something else I crave
Now she goes out with another, I've heard he's called Dave
He operates machinery and says he loves her well
But teatime she still wants me I can tell
Throwing my baby out with the bathwater
Throwing my baby well I can't swim without her

Rock And Roll Music

Are you confounded by doubt, feeling left out
Waiting for something, to turn you about
Are there eyes in the night, that feed and excite
Would the flick of a finger, incite you to riot
Do the feverish trees, conspire with the breeze
To seduce you to thinking, that life's a disease
Are you tarred by apathy, feathered by vanity
Stupid and useless, reduced to profanity

Well, meet me tonight in the platinum halls
Where Rock and Roll music is shaking the walls
Where magic is hung in the heat and smoke
Where bodies collide, parade and promote

Come on young lovers, let me take you away
Rock and Roll music, gonna make a play
Come on young lovers, gonna move those hips
Touch those bodies, taste those lips 

Are you caught in the side streets, trapped in the cold
Lost in the slipstream, growing old
Does the morning bell, threaten monotony
Do you wish on stars, do you long to be free
Do you hope that you're noticed, do you think you're not
Is the whole of life, just a horrible plot
Is the man in the trench coat, following you
Or is there just simply, nothing to do

No comments: