Followers

Friday 1 March 2019

Knife in the Window

Now if maidens were sheep, love, and they fed on the mountains, 
Now if maidens were sheep, love, and they fed on the mountains, 
Then all the young men they would go and feed with them. 
Then all the young men they would go and feed with them. 

“Oh Molly my true-love, may I come to bed to you?” 
“Oh yes”, she replied, “you can come to bed with me.”
 “Now the door it is bolted and I cannot undo it.” “Oh now”, she replied, “you must put your knee to it.” 

 So I put my knee to it and the door flew asunder and upstairs I went, like lightning and thunder. “Now your small things are tight, love, and I cannot undo it.” 
“Oh now”, she replied, “there's a knife in the window.” 
Now her small things fell off her and I into bed tumbled, 
And I'll leave you to guess how we young couple fumbled.

No comments: